




Can I just say that I love Christmas, but I am so glad it is over for this year. It is a wonderful time of year, but boy is it stressful. We started out the morning with what I hope will be a tradition that I had as a kid. Since we live so close to my parents (2 houses away and soon to be right next door), we thought it would be fun to have them over to watch the kids open their presents from Santa. The catch is that the kids can't go into the living room until Grandma and Grandpa arrive. Maizy didn't care so much this year, but I remember how hard it was to wait for Grandma to walk across the street when I was young. I hope it will be a memorable tradition for them as it was for me. (Miss you Grandma Betty!) Santa sure did spoil my kids. Maizy got her "pink camera" that she has wanted for months now. She also got a big surprise...a Hot Wheels 4-Wheeler. How spoiled is she??? Zoey also got spoiled with a stroller, Dora chair and a few other toys. Zander didn't need anything, but still managed to get a few presents. Santa fortunately left a small decorated tree for us since ours is still buried away in storage. The kids had a blast learning how to use their new toys. I know that Maizy took over 300 pictures today. Good thing it is digital and mom can erase the lovely pictures of the walls, floors, couches, and bellies! We spent the afternoon at my parents home which is only 2 houses away. I am glad we didn't have to travel anywhere today as the weather has been pretty ugly. My brother made the trip up in the weather from Salt Lake. We had a wonderful meal prepared by my wonderful mom. Then, as usual, we were spoiled rotten by my parents. I love that they still get a kick out of Christmas, but oh my. Where to put it all??? We never leave empty handed from their house. Unfortunately we left the majority of our gifts in their basement to join the rest of our stuff until our house is finished. Sorry mom and dad. Just think, you won't know what to do with all the room when our stuff is finally gone!!! Merry Christmas to one and all!
2 comments:
Merry Christmas!
Looks like you guys had fun. I cant believe how big zander is getting.
Post a Comment